In this lifelong exploration, my current destination is Sweden where I am investigating the production of ethanol from lignocellulosic biomass.
|Microsoft Certified Excel Specialist||Microsoft Inc.||2010|
|PhD in Biotechnology||Technical University of Denmark||2005|
|M.S. (Research) in Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi,India||1999|
|B.S. in Chemical Engineering||Regional Engineering College, Durgapur, India||1997|
|Higher Secondary||TVS Lakshmi Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Madurai, India||1993|
Teaching & Administration
|2007 – 2014
2009 – Present
|Chemistry teacher – Brockwood Park School, Hampshire, UKSchoolAdministrative & Database Coordinator. Chemistry
Teacher, Brockwood Park School, Hampshire, UK
Database Manager, Krishnamurti Foundation Trust, Hampshire, UK
|Nov 2016 –||Postdoctoral researcher at Chalmers University, Sweden, on ‘Bioenergy’.|
|2014 – 2016||Postdoctoral researcher at University of Campinas, Brazil, on ‘Bioenergy’. Advisor: Prof. Andreas Karoly Gombert. Lab website|
|2005 – Aug 2006||Postdoctoral researcher at University of Pennsylvania, USA, on ‘Mitochondrial dysfunction in mammalian cells’.|
|2002 – 2005||Worked on the PhD project ‘Physiology of glucose repression mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae’at the Centre for Microbial Biotechnology, Biocentrum – DTU, Lyngby, Denmark.Advisors: Prof. Jens Nielsen and Associate Prof. Lisbeth Olsson, CMB, DTU, Denmark.|
|2002 – 2003||Worked on the project ‘Design of novel sugar transporters in yeast by gene shuffling’ at the Centre for Microbial Biotechnology, Biocentrum – DTU, Lyngby, Denmark.Advisors: Prof. Jens Nielsen and Associate Prof. Uffe. H. Mortensen, CMB, DTU, Denmark.|
|2001 – 2002||Research assistant at Centre for Microbial Biotechnology, Biocentrum-DTU in the project ‘Metabolic Network Analysis of Saccharomyces cerevisiae’employing glucose repression and the redox metabolism as a case study’.|
|1999 – 2001||Junior research scientist in the Department of Biotechnology – India, sponsored project ‘Gellan (a bacterial polysaccharide) production, optimisation and applications’ at the Birla Institute of Scientific Research (BISR), Jaipur, India.Advisor: Prof. Purnendu Ghosh, Director, BISR, INDIA.|
|1999||Management trainee in the project ‘Hepatitis-B vaccine production’ at Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Ahmedabad, India.|
|1998 – 1999||M.S. Thesis: ‘Production of Poly Hydroxy Alkanoates (PHAs; also known as bioplastics) from Cheap Substrates’, at Department of Biochemical engineering and Biotechnology, IIT, Delhi, India. Advisor: Dr. T. R. Sreekrishnan. IIT Delhi, India.|
- Vijayendran Raghevendran, Andreas Karoly Gombert, Bjarke Christensen, Peter Kötter and Jens Nielsen. Phenotypic characterisation of glucose repression mutants of Saccharomyces cerevisiae using experiments with 13C labelled glucose. (2004). Yeast. 21:769 – 779
- Margarida Moreira dos Santos, Vijayendran Raghevendran, Peter Kötter, Lisbeth Olsson and Jens Nielsen. Manipulation of malic enzyme in Saccharomyces cerevisiae for increasing NADPH availability aerobically on different cellular compartments. (2004). Metabolic engineering. 6(4):352-63.
- Vijayendran Raghevendran, Jens Nielsen and Lisbeth Olsson. Teaching Microbial Physiology Using Glucose Repression Phenomenon in Baker’s Yeast as an Example. (2005). Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Education. (33): 404-410.
- Vijayendran Raghevendran, Kiran Raosaheb Patil, Lisbeth Olsson and Jens Nielsen. Hap4 Is Not Essential for Activation of Respiration at Low Specific Growth Rates in Saccharomyces cerevisiae (2006). Journal of Biological Chemistry. (281): 12308-12314.
- Latha Devi, Vijayendran Raghavendran, BM Prabhu, Narayan G Avadhani and Hindupur K Anandatheerthavarada. Mitochondrial import and accumulation of alpha-synuclein impair complex I in human dopaminergic neuronal cultures and Parkinson disease brain. (2008). Journal of Biological Chemistry. 283(14):9089-100
- Wesley Leoricy Marques, Vijayendran Raghavendran, Boris Ugarte Stambuk, Andreas Karoly Gombert. Sucrose and Saccharomyces cerevisiae: a relationship most sweet. (2015). FEMS Yeast Research
- Vijayendran Raghavendran, Thalita Peixoto Basso, Juliana Bueno da Silva, Luiz Carlos Basso, Andreas Karoly Gombert. A simple scaled down system to mimic the industrial production of first generation fuel ethanol in Brazil. (2017). Antonie van Leeuwenhoek. 1-17