This post is about report writing and automation:
- write a thesis/project report with references in MS word
- more about Google drive – documentation and tutorials
- Automate the learning environment using scripts and extensions
Writing a report in MS word
These two videos are a good introduction to write a report with table of contents including cross references.
Writing a thesis or a report in Microsoft Word Using inbuilt styles:
Inserting figures and legends ~ 15 min
Many of the steps could be extrapolated in Google Docs as well.
- Introduction to drive videos – Google drive Intro, Sharing files, Google docs, sheets and slides (~10 min in total); and Support – Google drive documentation
- Extensive video tutorial on drive – Google drive tutorial (~ 50 min)
Automation using Google scripts:
Educators around the world are using a number of Google scripts to automate various tasks they regularly employ in their classrooms. Examples of such automation are the following:
Autocrat – document merge on the cloud. You can see an example of how this script is used to produce customised course certificates.Doctopus – create individualised/differentiated templates for students and track the progress of students’ workGoobric – extension to assess student work using Google Chrome browser. It works together with Doctopus to give written feedback on students’ written work.